Riese has written nearly 3,000 articles for Autostraddle.com which have been cited web-wide, including The Daily Mail, BoingBoing, Feministing, Jezebel, Gawker, Buzzfeed, The Huffington Post, Bitch and more.
A Selection Of These Posts:
- Before You Know It Something's Over
- Like Love Was a Thing I Could Do
- It's Not Britney, Bitch
- Going Mad In New York
- The PP & Me: Why We All Need Planned Parenthood
- Let Us Now Praise Effeminate Men
- How To Not Dress For Success: Top Ten Fashions For Being Alone In Your Apartment
- Everything You Ever Wanted To Know About My Sexual Orientation And Were(n't) Afraid To Ask
- 10 Great Places To Meet Lesbians If You Have A Time Machine
- Gays Fight to Enjoy Shitty Fast Food In Good Conscience, Which Is Impossible
- Policing Female Masculinity: Much Ado About Rachel Maddow's Yearbook Photo!
- Why Taylor Swift Offends Little Monsters, Feminists, and Weirdos
- 25 Female-Fronted Rom-Coms You Should See
Jezebel.com: multiple pieces including Prolific Lesbian Burglars Thwarted By Lion and What Troops Are Saying About "Don't Ask Don't Tell"
Emily Books: Style Like Eileen Myles
Nerve.com: multiple pieces including Design For Living
OurChart.com: mini-series "Everything I Need In Life I Got Off The Internet" and "That Teenaged Nightmare"
The L Word Online: L Word Recapper Seasons 3-6
Suspect Thoughts: "You've Come A Long Way Baby"
Clean Sheets: "The Anti-Thesis," "My Mother's Child" and "What Happened To That Girl."
Fresh Off the Vine: "Straight On 'Til Morning"
Elites TV: staff writer, topics included The Detroit Pistons, Britney Spears, Maria Full of Grace and Yellowcard.
Story "Fucking Around" in Dirty Girls: Erotica for Women, Seal Press 2008
Essay "Feels Like Team Spirit" in The Bigger the Better, The Tighter The Sweater: 21 Funny Women on Beauty, Body Image, and Other Hazards of Being Female, Seal Press 2007
Story, "What Happened to That Girl" in The Best American Erotica of 2007, Touchstone 2007
Story "My Mother's Child" in Best Women's Erotica of 2005, Cleis Press 2005
Story "Twenty Minutes or Forever in (Lambda Award Winning) Stolen Moments: Erotic Interludes 2, Boldstrokes Books 2005
Also four volumes of The Mammoth Book Of Best New Erotica.
The Sarah Lawrence Review
The Red Wheelbarrow